facebook

Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

TravelAid 2010: Tom

Capturing unique isolated moments at JWOC is what makes this charity so special. Having spent the last three weeks here running a children’s summer activity camp and teaching English I have been submerged into an organization which truly grows from the inside; JWOC is clearly defined by its students and staff.



Over my time here I have grown particularly close to one intern student who was ‘assigned’ as my partner on arrival. The individual heart and character that Borat has shown has certainly made me question priorities in my own life. Perhaps more importantly however, is the real talent that many of the intern students share. The energy and enthusiasm that has been injected by some of the interns has amazed me. Consequently, these students have refocused my thoughts on the role of people in the development process. Whether in a poverty stricken country or a globalised city, my experience at JWOC has reminded me of the importance of relationships in all areas of life; something which has perhaps become jaded in recent times.



Thus, JWOC has been a refreshing adventure for me and I feel privileged to have been actively involved with such a dynamic charity. Thank You 

0 comments:

 

Blogger news

Blogroll