facebook

Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2013

JWOC Scholarships Change Lives

  In October we will be welcoming 17 new scholarship students. In this blog we take a look back at  the success of our previous scholarship student Makara, who tells us why a JWOC scholarship is more than just an opportunity to attend university...


"Hello, my name Makara Put, I am 26 years old. Now I am working at Journeys Within Boutique Hotel as a front desk manager. In 2007, JWOC gave me a great opportunity to study in university for four years. I graduated from university in September 2011.

It wasn't only a university scholarship; JWOC has provided me a great experience to work with the community. I was a volunteer in the microfinance project, which was very good time for me to meet a lot villagers. As I like talking, it was very nice for me to ask, answer and discuss with them about their business ideas. JWOC also has workshops for the scholarship students to learn more about how to prepare the CV to apply for the new job, to be confident in communication, etc.

 
Again, I would like to say thank you very much to JWOC and my sponsor who helped me to make my life different. I won't be here without JWOC. And I would like to leave a message to current scholarship students, please try your best to get your better future and remember that the more you do the most you get!"


 Interested in sponsoring a student? Click here for more information. 

 

Blogger news

Blogroll